2020| ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting |Virtual
Development and Outcomes of an Innovative Partnership between a Health-System Department of Pharmacy and External Community Pharmacies
UNC Medical Center
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
View PDF Poster
Establishing an Opioid Prescription Stewardship Program Utilizing Education and Machine Learning
Lifespan/Rhode Island Hospital
Providence, Rhode Island
View PDF Poster
Impact of a Novel Diabetes Stewardship Pharmacist Model on Enhancing Inpatient Safety, Outcomes and Cost Avoidance
View PDF Poster
2019 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Las Vegas, NV
Development and Outcomes of a High-Touch, Integrated Specialty Pharmacy Model at an Academic Health System
Vanderbilt Specialty Pharmacy
Impact of a Centralized Pharmacy Transitions of Care Program on 30‐Day Hospital Readmission Rates for Patients Discharged from Contracted Skilled Nursing Facilities
Kaiser Permanente, Northern California Region
Implementation of a Scalable Pharmacy Population Health Model at a Large Regional Health System
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Winston‐Salem, North Carolina
Implementation of an Opioid Stewardship Program at an Academic Medical Center
University of Kentucky
Pharmacy Driven Rapid Bacteremia Response Program
Transforming Data into Insight: Establishment of a Pharmacy Analytics and Outcomes Team
UNC Health Care
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2018 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Anaheim, CA
- Decreasing 30-day hospital readmissions and enhancing transitions of care through the introduction of an electronic medical record-integrated hospital readmission calculator
Detroit Receiving Hospital/Detroit Medical Center
- Pharmacists led emergency department opioid task force: 50% reduction in overall use
University of Rochester Medical Center
Rochester, New York
- Integrated-Comprehensive Medication Therapy and Chronic Disease Management Model for Optimizing Short and Long Term Health Outcomes in a Community Hospital System
- Medication Use Improvement through a Team-Based Approach to Opioid Stewardship
- Implementation of Novel Clinic with Pharmacists Improves Patient Access & Outcomes with Long-Acting Injections in the Psychiatric Patient Population
- Innovation in Training: Transformation through a "Flipped" Approach to Residency Research
UNC Medical Center
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2017 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Orlando, FL
- Development and Validation of the MEDCOINS Transitions of Care Pharmacist Tool to Predict Potentially Avoidable 30-day Readmissions
Lifespan Corporation – Rhode Island Hospital,
Providence, Rhode Island
- A Bundled Approach to Antimicrobial Stewardship: Advancing Pharmacy Practice Through Comprehensive Infectious Disease State Management
St. Joseph Mercy Health System,
Ann Arbor, Michigan
- The Impact of a Pharmacy Transitions of Care Program (PTOC) on 30-day Readmission Rate in a Large Health System
BayCare Health System,
- Impact of a Non-profit National Academic Detailing Service on the Opioid Safety Initiative and the Opioid Overdose Education and Naloxone Distribution Program
Veterans Health Administration, Pharmacy Benefits Management Academic Detailing Service
- Evaluation of a Pharmacist Led Outpatient Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Program
Wake Forest Baptist Health,
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
2016 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Las Vegas, NV
- A Comprehensive Control Substance Diversion Program: Collaboration, Prevention, and Organizational Pharmacy Leadership
Christopher Fortier, Pharm.D., FASHP; Erasmo Mitrano, , M.S., B.S.Pharm.; Michelle McCrea, B.S.Pharm.; Dena Alioto, B.S.Pharm.; Kulwant Gill, Pharm.D.; Jean Elrick, M.D.
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Antimicrobial Prescribing Improvement in Patients with Acute Respiratory Infections through Pharmacist Intervention in the Ambulatory Care Setting
Jefferson G. Bohan, Pharm.D., BCPS; Lindsey M. Hunt, Pharm.D.; Robert McKie, M.D.; Karl Madaras-Kelly, Pharm.D., M.P.H.; ARI Campaign Implementation Team
Boise Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Boise, Idaho
- Elevating the Scope of Practice through Credentialing and Privileging
Trisha Jordan, Pharm.D., M.S.; Melissa Snider, Pharm.D. BCACP; Andrew Thomas, M.D., M.B.A.; Harrison Weed, M.D., M.S., FACP; Kent Hess M.H.A., FACHE; OSUWMC Credentialing Department; Robert Weber, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio
- Implementation of a Pharmacy Managed Program for the Transition of Chemotherapy to the Outpatient Setting
Ali McBride, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS, BCOP, FAzPA; Christopher Campen, Pharm.D., BCOP; James Camamo, Pharm.D., BCPS; Marie Maloney, Pharm.D.; Daniel Persky, M.D.; Emad Elquza, M.D.; Kurt Wiebel, Pharm.D., M.S.
The University of Arizona Cancer Center; Greenville Health System Cancer Institute; Banner - University Medical Center – Tucson, Arizona
- Optimizing the Management of Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department with Atrial Fibrillation: Pharmacists at the Center of a New Treatment Paradigm
Zack Deyo, Pharm.D., BCPS, CPP; Leah Hatfield, Pharm.D., BCPS; Phil Mendys, Pharm.D., FAHA CPP; Heather Tuttle, B.S.N., R.N., CEN; Jennifer Walker, M.S.N., ANP-BC; Kevin Biese, M.D., MA.T.; Anil Gehi, M.D.
University of North Carolina Health Care, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Tele-ICU Pharmacist Impact on Glycemic Control Across a Large Healthcare System
Sonia Everhart, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP; Desiree Kosmisky, Pharm.D., BCCCP; Colleen Karvetski, Ph.D.; Nehal Thakkar, M.D., FCCP; Michael Reif, M.D., FCCP; Kimberly Purtill, R.N., M.S., CCRN
Virtual Critical Care at Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, North Carolina
2015 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | New Orleans, LA
- Advancing Pharmacy Practice in the Continuum of Care: Development and Implementation of a Centralized Comprehensive Refill Authorization Program in an Academic Health Care System
Matthew H. Rim, Pharm.D., M.S.; Karen C. Thomas, Pharm.D., Ph.D., DABAT; Brittanie Hatch, Pharm.D., M.S.; Thomas J. Davies, Pharm.D.; Lauren Holesh, Pharm.D.; Michael Kelly, R.Ph., M.B.A.; Linda S. Tyler, Pharm.D., FASHP
University of Utah Health Care, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Clinical and Financial Benefits of Smart Pump-Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Interoperability at a Regional Health-System Hospital
Jennifer Biltoft, Pharm.D., BCPS; Lonnye Finneman, Pharm.D.; Kelley Curtis, B.S., Pharm.D., M.B.A.; Cindy James, Pharm.D.; Leigh Scherer, CPhT; Joan Thullbery, R.N., B.S.N.; SCL Epic-Alaris Interoperability Team
St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT (SCL Health), Denver, Colorado
- Expanding Pharmacy Practice Through the Utilization of Longitudinal Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Students
Sara Revolinski, Pharm.D., BCPS; Anne Zechlinski, Pharm.D., BCPS; Todd Karpinski Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP; Philip Brummond, Pharm.D., M.S.; Thomas S. Achey, Pharm.D.; Brooke Fraser, Pharm.D.
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin – Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Impact of an Integrated, Closed-loop, Pharmacy-led Oral Chemotherapy Program on Clinical and Financial Outcomes
Benyam Muluneh, Pharm.D., BCOP, CPP; Molly Schneider, Pharm.D.; Aimee Faso, Pharm.D., BCOP, CPP; John Valgus, Pharm.D., BCOP, M.H.A.; Lindsey Amerine, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS; Rowell Daniels, Pharm.D., M.S.; Brett Crisp, Pharm.D., M.S.; Scott Savage, Pharm.D., M.S.
University of North Carolina Medical Center, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Impact of Pharmacist Management of Pain, Agitation, and Delirium through Multidisciplinary ABCDE Bundle Rounds
Patricia Louzon, Pharm.D., BCPS; Heath Jennings, Pharm.D., M.B.A.; FASHP, BCPS; Mahmood Ali, M.D,; Dina Ibrahim, Pharm.D., BCPS; Seema Patel, Pharm.D., BCPS; Ramy Girgis, Pharm.D., BCPS; Phil Biddlecome, Pharm.D.; Marijo Kraisinger, Pharm.D.; Julie Vincent, M.B.A., M.S.N.; Patricia Celano, M.S.N., R.N.; Tom Berlin, D.H.Sc, M.Sc, RRT
Florida Hospital Orlando Orlando, Florida
- Implementing a Layered Learning Model in a Small, Community Hospital: Economic and Patient Satisfaction Outcomes
Mate M. Soric, Pharm.D., BCPS, Jason E. Glowczewski, Pharm.D., M.B.A., Rachael Lerman, Pharm.D., BCPS
University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center, Chardon, Ohio, Northeast Ohio Medical University College of Pharmacy, Rootstown, Ohio
2014 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Anaheim, CA
- Implementation and Successes of an Inpatient Medication Therapy Management Program
Sarah E. White, Pharm.D., BCPS, R.Ph.; Deborah L. Sanchez, Pharm.D., BCPS, R.Ph.
Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center, Medford, Oregon
- Impact of a Clinical Pharmacist Acid Suppression Therapy Management Program on Inappropriate Use in Intensive Care Unit and General Ward Patients
Mitchell S. Buckley, Pharm.D., FASHP, FCCM, FCCP, BCPS, Andrew S. Park, Pharm.D., Clint S. Anderson, Pharm.D., BCPS, Jeffrey F. Barletta, Pharm.D., FCCM, Dale Bikin, Pharm.D., Laura M. Wicks, Pharm.D., Cheryl O’Malley, M.D., FACP, Richard Gerkin, M.D., Roxanne Garcia-Orr, M.D. Sandra L. Kane-Gill, Pharm.D., M.Sc., FCCM, FCCPBanner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona
- Implementation of a Pharmacist Directed Pain Management Service in the Inpatient Setting
Richard H. Poirier, B.S., Pharm.D.; Clint S. Brown, Pharm.D.; Yleana T. Garcia, Pharm.D., BCPS; Nicole Y. Gann, Pharm.D.; Rheta A. Sandoval, Pharm.D.; James R. McNulty, Pharm.D.
Kaweah Delta Healthcare District, Visalia, California
- A Journey to Improve Oncology Care Via A Focus on Quality, Safety, Improved Use of Technology, and Implementation of an Oncology Pharmacy Team
Katherine Hanger, Pharm.D., BCOP; Caron Sue, Pharm.D., Ph.D.; Lisa Altenau, Pharm.D.; David Burgas, Pharm.D., BCPS; Jonathan Egel, Pharm.D.; Timothy Onady, Pharm.D.; Michelle Wiest, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP
University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Advancing Pharmacy Practice through an Innovative Ambulatory Care Transitions Program
Jamie J. Cavanaugh, Pharm.D., CPP, BCPS; Emily M. Hawes, Pharm.D., BCPS, CPP; Nicole R. Pinelli, Pharm.D., M.S., CDE; Stephen F. Eckel, Pharm.D., M.H.A., BCPS; Michael P. Pignone, M.D.; Mark D. Gwynne, D.O.; Rowell Daniels, Pharm.D., M.S.
University of North Carolina Health Care , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Code Sepsis: Improving Sepsis Care; Saving Patients’ Lives
James R. Beardsley, Pharm.D., BCPS; Catherine M. Jones, M.D.; Jason Chou, Pharm.D., M.S.; Margaret Currie-Coyoy, M.B.A.; Teresa Jackson, R.N.; Adam Orsborn, Pharm.D., M.S.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
2013 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Orlando, FL
- Advancing into Unchartered Territory: Impact of an Innovative Factor Stewardship Program on Drug Expense, Patient Care, and a Pharmacist's Role
Lindsey B. Poppe, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS; Sheh-Li Chen, Pharm.D., BCOP; Rowell Daniels, Pharm.D., M.S.; Nigel Key, MB, ChB, FRCP; Stephen F. Eckel, Pharm.D., MHA, BCPS, FAPhA, FASHP; Scott W. Savage, Pharm.D., M.S.
University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Advancing Pharmacy Practice in Transitions of Care: Post-Hospitalization Ambulatory Medication Reconciliation at a Patient Centered Medical Home
Candice Garwood, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS, Victoria Liu, Pharm.D, Ann Balarezo, GNP-BC, Bibban Deol, M.D., Marybeth Lepczyk, ACNS-BC, Annie Allen, LMSW, Melissa Lipari, Pharm.D., BCACP, David Trupiano, Pharm.D., Lavoisier Cardozo, M.D., Joel Steinberg, M.D., Belenda House, Joanne MacDonald, Pharm.D., David Bach Pharm.D., M.P.H., Kim Tsilimingras, B.S. Pharm., Greg Polk, B.S. Pharm, M.B.A.
Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Implementation and Outcomes of a Pharmacist Managed Clinical Video Telehealth Anticoagulation Clinic
Lakshmi G. Singh, Pharm.D., BCACP, Karen Korch Black, Pharm.D., CGP, BCACP, Mallory Accursi, Pharm.D., Meera R. Embran, Pharm.D., BCACP, Nnenna L. Iheagwara, Pharm.D., BCPS, Courtney T. Becker-Howell, MHSA, Carol B. Rudo, Pharm.D., BCPS
Veterans Affairs Maryland Health Care System (VAMHCS), Baltimore, Maryland
- Implementation of a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist-Managed Telephonic Hospital Discharge Follow-Up Program in a Patient-Centered Medical Home
Rebecca Hanratty, M.D.; Sarah Anderson, Pharm.D., BCPS ; Joseph Vande Griend, Pharm.D., BCPS, CGP; Joel Marrs, Pharm.D., FNLA, BCPS (AQ Cardiology)
Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado
- Institutional and Patient Benefits of a Comprehensive Medication Prior Authorization Service
Robert J. Leinss, Jr., R.Ph., M.B.A., Binita Patel, Pharm.D., Todd Karpinski, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP, Sue Derus, M.B.A., RT(T), ARRT, Emily Blend, M.B.A, M.S.N., R.N., Jennifer Underly, M.S., Roberta A. Navarro, B.S.N., R.N.
Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Pharmacy Practice Model Transformation from Medication Focus to Patient Centered Care
Gene A. Gibson, Pharm.D., Joshua R. Guinter, Pharm.D., J. Michael Vozniak, Pharm.D., BCOP, Cassandra I. Redmond, Pharm.D., M.B.A., Melissa L. Hibbs, R.Ph., Richard Demers, M.S., R.Ph., FASHP
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2012 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Las Vegas, NV
- Advancing Pharmacy Practice through the Implementation of a Heart Failure Medication Management Clinic
Maria M. Claudio, Pharm.D., BCPS, Qazi Halim, B.S., M.S., Linda Yee, Pharm.D., Saumya Mathew, Pharm.D., Elizabeth Watson, Pharm.D., BCPS, Wayne Gietz, M.A., Ankhnu Uaskhem, M.D.
Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
- Implementation of a Pharmacist-Led, Interprofessional Diabetes Management Team in an Inpatient Setting
Anna M. Baldwin, Pharm.D., BCPS, Phil Ayers, Pharm.D., BCNSP, FASHP, Virginia Wallace, Pharm.D., BCPS, Carman R. Dixon III, Pharm.D., Laurie Warrington, Pharm.D., BC-ADM, BCACP, Krista D. Riche, Pharm.D., BCPS, Natalie Mosley, Pharm.D.
Mississippi Baptist Health Systems, Jackson, Mississippi
- Maximizing the Impact of Pharmacists Across Transitions of Care: Hematopoietic Cell Transplant as a Best Practice Opportunity for Clinical Pharmacists
Kamakshi V. Rao, Pharm.D., BCOP, CPP, Tippu Khan, Pharm.D., BCOP, CPP, Lindsey B. Poppe, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS , Scott W. Savage, Pharm.D., M.S.
University of North Carolina Hospitals and Clinics, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Proven Outcomes in Diabetic Transitions of Care for Post-operative Cardiac Surgery Patients using Pharmacists as Providers
Jan Chow, Pharm.D., BCPS, Kimberly Russell, Pharm.D., BCPS, Jennifer Tryon, Pharm.D., M.S., Michael Barsotti, M.D., Juli Adelman, R.D., CDE
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, Vancouver, Washington
- Raising the Bar on Antimicrobial Stewardship: The Evolution of a Comprehensive Program Model Using a Multifaceted, Rapid Sequence Approach
Benjamin D. Brielmaier, Pharm.D., BCPS (AQ-ID), Natasha N. Pettit, Pharm.D., BCPS, Emily Landon, M.D., Jennifer Pisano, M.D., Palak Bhagat, Pharm.D., BCPS, Allison Bartlett, M.D., Dave Hicks, R.Ph., M.B.A., Heath R. Jennings, Pharm.D., BCPS (AQ-Cardiology)
The University of Chicago Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- Redefining a Rural Pharmacy Practice: Developing a Progressive Patient Centered Pharmacy Practice Model
John Worden, M.S., Pharm.D., BCPS, Mary Kate Blankenship, Pharm.D., Cheryl Anderson, CPhT, Jessica Hanson, CPhT, Robert Geiser, R.Ph., Terri Gehring RHIT
McPherson Hospital, McPherson, Kansas
2011 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | New Orleans, LA
- Development, Implementation, and Impact of a Comprehensive, Medical Service Based Pharmacy Practice Model that Maximizes Pharmacist Involvement in the Patient Care Setting
Stephen F. Eckel, Pharm.D., M.H.A., BCPS, FAPhA, FASHP, Robert P. Granko, Pharm.D., M.B.A., Scott Savage, Pharm.D., M.S., Brett Crisp, Pharm.D., M.S., Edwin Smith, Pharm.D., M.B.A., and Rowell Daniels, Pharm.D., M.S.
University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Keeping Our Smart Pumps "Smart"
Susan Skledar, B.S., M.P.H., FASHP, Cynthia Niccolai, B.S., Pharm.D., Dennis Schilling, Pharm.D., Susan Costello, R.N., M.S.N., Nicolette Mininni, R.N., MEd, CCRN, Kelly Ervin, B.S., CPhT; Alana Urban, R.N., M.S.N., CCRN
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Metamorphosis of the Pharmacy Practice Model at an Academic Medical Center: Creating Improvements in Medication Safety, Patient Outcomes, and Financial Performance via Implementation of a Comprehensive Pharmacy Practice Model
Heath R. Jennings, Pharm.D., BCPS, Dave Hicks, R.Ph., M.B.A., Katherine D. Mieure, Pharm.D., BCPS, Judith Brown-Scott, R.Ph., Sandeep Parsad, Pharm.D., BCOP, Ishaq Lat, Pharm.D., BCPS, Elisabeth Mouw, Pharm.D., BCPS, Ben Brielmaier, Pharm.D., BCPS
The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Centered Medical Home: Developing, Expanding and Sustaining a Role for Pharmacists
Hae Mi Choe, Pharm.D., CDE, Stu Rockafellow, Pharm.D., Trisha Wells, Pharm.D., Tami Remington, Pharm.D., Leslie Shimp, Pharm.D., Heidi Diez, Pharm.D., Annie Sy, Pharm.D.
University of Michigan Hospital and Health Systems, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Pharmacist-Led Antibiotic Stewardship Program Reduces Inappropriate Antibiotic Use and Hospital-acquired Clostridium difficile
Jessica Holt, Pharm.D., BCPS-ID, Kristine Gullickson, Pharm.D., Daniel Anderson, M.D., Elliot Francke, MD; Jessica Nerby, M.P.H., Jason Sanchez, M.D.
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Allina Hospitals & Clinics, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Project PRIMED (Pharmacist Reconciliation and Medication Education at Discharge)
Erika Smith, Pharm.D., Ryan Fleming, Pharm.D., Todd Karpinski, M.S., Pharm.D., Garret Newkirk, M.S., Pharm.D., BCPS, Siddhartha Singh, M.D., Jill Zimmerman, M.S., Pharm.D.
Froedtert Hospital & Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2010 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Anaheim, CA
- A Transition in Care Initiative: Implementation of a Pharmacy Directed Anticoagulation Program in the Orthopedic Population
Lynda Thomson, Pharm.D., CACP; Michael Palladino, Pharm.D., CACP; Cindy Wordell, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP; Brian Swift, Pharm.D., M.B.A.; Geno Merli, M.D.; Javad Parvizi, M.D.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Center for Antimicrobial Stewardship and Epidemiology (CASE): Improving Patient Care Through Clinical Service, Teaching, and Research
Hannah R. Palmer, Pharm.D., BCPS, Jaye Weston, R.Ph., M.S., Layne Gentry, M.D., Miguel Salazar, Pharm.D., Ph.D., Kimberly Putney, Pharm.D., Craig Frost, M.B.A, R.Ph., Joyce A. Tipton, M.B.A., R.Ph., FASHP, Jessica Cottreau, Pharm.D., BCPS, Vincent H. Tam, Pharm.D., Kevin W. Garey, Pharm.D., M.S.
St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas
University of Houston, College of Pharmacy, Houston Texas
- High Quality and Low Cost: Leveraging Drug Utilization and Clinical Benchmarking Data to Get Results
Brian O’Neal, Pharm.D., M.S., Carrie Cannella, Pharm.D., BCPS, Samaneh Wilkinson, Pharm.D., M.S., Casey Williams, Pharm.D., BCOP, Rick Couldry, M.S., R.Ph., Leigh Anne Scott, Pharm.D., M.B.A.
The University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kansas
- Implementation of a Pharmacist Directed Anemia Management Service in the Inpatient Setting
Coleen N. Moriarity-Suggs, Pharm.D., Nicole Y. Gann, Pharm.D., Rheta A. Sandoval, Pharm.D., James R. McNulty, Pharm.D.
Kaweah Delta Medical Center, Visalia, California
- Implementation of Pharmacy Practice in a Rural Resource-Constrained Setting in Kenya
Sonak Pastakia, Pharm.D., M.P.H., BCPS, Ellen Schellhase, Pharm.D., Beatrice Jakait, B.Pharm., Imran Manji, B.Pharm., Mercy Nabwire, B.Pharm., Monica Miller,Pharm.D.
United States Agency for International Development - Academic Model Providing Access to Healthcare (USAID-AMPATH), Eldoret, Kenya
Purdue University College of Pharmacy, West Lafayette, Indiana
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital, Eldoret, Kenya
Moi University School of Medicine, Eldoret, Kenya
- Successes of a Clostridium difficile Infection Reduction Team
Ed Eiland, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCPS-ID, Lyn Tipton, R.N., B.S.N., CIC, Kathi Hathcock, M(ASCP)SM, CIC, Cindy Mize, R.N., B.S.N., CIC, Bill Lindgren, MT (ASCP), Joycelyn Craighead, R.N., M.P.H., Linda Bonilla, R.N., Diane Pratt, R.N., M.S.N., David Crump, Vicky McClain, John Dunkel, M.D.
Huntsville Hospital System, Huntsville, Alabama
2009 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Las Vegas
- Enhancing Antimicrobial Therapy through a Pharmacist-Managed Culture Review Process in an Emergency Department Setting
Timothy C. Randolph, Pharm.D., Andrea Parker, Pharm.D., Liz Meyer, Pharm.D., Renee Zeina, Pharm.D.
Carolinas Medical Center - NorthEast, Concord, North Carolina
- Improving Patient Care Through a Collaborative and Innovative Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
Catherine Baker, Pharm.D., Paul Sehdev, M.D., Woody English II, M.D., Nancy Church, R.N., C.I.C, Steve Stoner, Pharm.D.
Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, Portland, Oregon
- Introducing Intravenous Interoperability: Expanding the Pharmacist’s Role in Medication Administration
Amanda E. Prusch, Pharm.D., BCPS, Tina M. Suess, R.N., B.S.N., Richard D. Paoletti, R.Ph., M.B.A., Stephen T. Olin, M.D., Starann D. Watts, B.S.N., R.N., C.R.N.I.
Lancaster General Health, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Safety and Efficacy Analysis of an Inpatient Collaborative Drug Therapy Management Service for Direct Thrombin Inhibitors
Heather Kokko, Pharm.D., Carol White, Pharm.D., David Taber, Pharm.D., Tanna Cooper, Pharm.D., Walt Uber, Pharm.D., Joseph Mazur, Pharm.D.
Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center, Charleston, North Carolina
- The Successful Implementation of a Collaborative Sepsis Bundle at a Community Hospital
Gita Wasan Patel, Pharm.D., Nicki Roderman, R.N., M.S.N., CCRN, Hollie Gehring, M.S.N., R.N., RNP-BC, ENP, CEN, John Saad, M.D., William Bartek, M.D.
Medical Center of Plano, Texas
- Utilizing Wellness as a Portal for Medication Therapy Management (MTM) and Condition Care Services in a Community Based Employer Setting
Mark J. Johannigman, R.Ph., Michael Leifheit, Pharm.D., BCPS, Nicholas J. Bellman, Pharm.D., BCPS, Tracey Pierce, R.Ph., CGP, FASCP, Angela Marriott, C.Ph.T., Cheryl Bishop, C.Ph.T.
The Center for Medication Management, Blanchard Valley Health System, Findlay, Ohio
2008 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Orlando
- Pharmacists Enhancing the Time to Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Patient Safety During Acute Myocardial Infarction Presentation to the Emergency Department
Nicole M. Acquisto, Pharm.D., Daniel P. Hays, Pharm.D., BCPS, Rollin J (Terry) Fairbanks, M.D., Manish N. Shah, M.D., M.P.H., Joseph Delehanty, M.D., Flavia Nobay, M.D., Curtis E. Haas, Pharm.D., BCPS
University of Rochester Medical Center, Strong Health, Rochester, New York
- Implementing a Comprehensive Emergency Department Pharmacist Program (EDPP)
Victoria E. Aldridge, Pharm.D., Helen K. Park, Pharm.D., Mark Bounthavong, Pharm.D., Anthony P. Morreale, Pharm.D., BCPS, M.B.A.
VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS), San Diego, California
Anthony Morreale, Victoria Aldridge, Helen Park, Mark Bounthavong
- Pharmacist Medication Profile Review to Decrease Hazardous Falls and Improve Patient Quality of Care as Part of a Pharmacy Fall Prevention Program
Burl G. Beasley, R.Ph., M.P.H, Edna Patatanian, Pharm.D.
Mercy Health Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Edna Patatanian, Burl Beasley
- Provision of Comprehensive Clinical Pharmacy Services to Underserved Populations through Community Safety Net Clinics
Steven Chen, Pharm.D., FASHP, Kathleen A. Johnson, Pharm.D., M.P.H., Ph.D., Melvin F. Baron, Pharm.D., M.P.A., Sally Lu, Pharm.D., Cecilia Wu, Pharm.D., B. Elizabeth Cervantes, Pharm.D., R. Pete Vanderveen, R.Ph., Ph.D.
USC School of Pharmacy Safety Net Clinic Group, Los Angeles, California
- PharmacistCARE: A Model for Pharmacist-Coordinated Medication Therapy Management Services for a University Health Plan
Holly Divine, Pharm.D., CGP, CDE, Carrie Johnson, Pharm.D., CDE, Amy Nicholas, Pharm.D., CDE
University of Kentucky HealthCare, Lexington, Kentucky
Carrie Johnson, Holly Divine, Amy Nicholas
- Pharmacists in the Emergency Department Prove to be an Integral Part of the Healthcare System
Rolla T. Sweis, Pharm.D., M.A., James Jensen, B.S., Pharm.D., Zahra Khudeira Pharm.D., Beverly Tuck, R.Ph., M.B.A.
Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, Illinois
Rolla Sweis, Beverly Tuck
2007 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Las Vegas
- Optimizing Clinical Decision Support: The Appropriate Alert at the Appropriate Time to the Appropriate Clinician Equals Improved Quality of Care (A3=I)
Kevin Brown, Pharm.D., Mark Larrabee, R.Ph., Siobhan Geary, RN, Kristin Niemi, Pharm.D., Joy Bailey, Barbara Quinn, RN;
Sutter Medical Center Sacramento, Sacramento, California.
- Innovations in Chemotherapy Preparation Safety: Use of Telepharmacy and Barcode Technology in the IV Admixture Area
Brian O’Neal, M.S., Pharm.D., John Worden, M.S., Pharm.D., Rick Couldry, M.S., R.Ph.;
The University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kansas.
- Utilizing Clinical Pharmacy Services to Reduce Rates of Venous Thromboembolism in Total Joint Replacement Surgery
MaryAnne Cronin, Pharm.D., Timothy Hill, M.H.A., R.Ph., Brian Pinard, MD, Eugene S. Krauss, MD;
Glen Cove Hospital, Glen Cove, New York.
- Improving Glycemic Control in an Inpatient Setting through Implementation of a Glycemic Control Team
Lonnye S. Finneman, Pharm.D., Sarah Sherington, Pharm.D., Chris Hogness, M.D., M.P.H., Kristen Wilson, Pharm.D., BCPS, Erin Thorsgard, Pharm.D., Ryan Parker, Pharm.D., Kathryn Gaudette, Pharm.D.;
Southwest Washington Medical Center, Vancouver, Washington.
- Improving Patient Safety through Implementation of a Pharmacy-Conducted Admission Medication History and Multidisciplinary Discharge Medication Reconciliation Process
Eileen Murphy, Pharm.D., Carolyn Johnston, Pharm.D., James A. Klauck, M.S., R.Ph., Douglas A. Meyer, M.B.A., R.Ph., Cynthia R. Hennen, R.Ph., Kristin K. Hanson, M.S., R.Ph., Michael Sura, Pharm.D.
Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Implementation of Pharmacy Services in a Telemedicine Intensive Care Unit
Tom Woller, M.S., FASHP, Tracy Meidl, Pharm.D., Arlene Iglar, M.S., Dennis Brierton, Pharm.D.;
Aurora Health Care, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
2006 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Anaheim
- Bilingual Pharmacy Technician Medication Reconciliation at Hospital Admission Reduces Omissions of Prescribed Medications
Kim Luong-Schwab, Pharm.D., BCPS, Lara Gillian, Pharm.D., Ronald A. Floyd, Pharm.D., BCPS, Blair Frater, Pharm.D., Elaine Levy, Pharm.D.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center: A Sharp Healthcare Facility,
Chula Vista, California
- Development and Implementation of an Admitting Pharmacist in a Community Hospital
Estela Trimino, Pharm.D., Janelle Berg, Pharm.D., BCPS, Fernando J. Zaldivar, B.S. Pharm., Claudia DiStrito, RN, BSN, M.S.H.
Mercy Hospital, Miami, Florida
- A Prescription for Advancing Pharmacy Services in the Emergency Department
Rolla T. Sweis, Pharm.D., Zahra Khudeira, M.S., Pharm.D., Beverly Tuck, B.S., M.B.A., Donald Morath, M.D.
Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, Illinois
- Reducing Anticoagulant Related Adverse Events: Improving Hospital Safety Infrastructures and the Impact of Pharmacist Anticoagulation Services
Heath R. Jennings, Pharm.D., BCPS, Stacy Voils, Pharm.D., BCPS, Kevin Poe, Pharm.D., Marla Whitaker, Pharm.D., Eric Miller, Pharm.D., Kelly Watson, M.D., Anthony Morano, M.D.
Saint Joseph HealthCare, Lexington, Kentucky
- Successful Elimination of the “Rule of Six” in an Academic Children’s Hospital through a Medication-Use-System Redesign and Standardization of Continuous Infusions
Michael A. Veltri, Pharm.D., Judith Ascenzi, RN, M.S.N., John S. Clark, Pharm.D., M.S., Mary W. Taylor, RN, M.S., Carol Matlin, RN, M.S., Timothy Ulbrich, Christoph U. Lehmann, M.D.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- Improving Access to Essential Medications and Healthcare Services
Melissa Mook, R.Ph., Nichole Rineer, Stephen Ruenroeng, Pharm.D.
WellSpan Health, York, Pennsylvania.
2005 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Las Vegas
- University Health Connection— An Interdisciplinary Approach to Providing Healthcare in the 21st Century
Christopher G. Green, Pharm.D.; Stephanie C. Cook, D.O.; Mitchell A. Medow, M.D., Ph.D.; Renee A. McCarthy, Pharm.D.; Jane Brody, R.N.; and Marialice S. Bennett, R.Ph., FAPhA;
University Health Connection
- Pharmacists Enhancing Patient Safety During Trauma Resuscitations
Sarah J. Kelly-Pisciotti, Pharm.D.; Daniel Hays, Pharm.D., BCPS; Thomas O’Brien, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP; Mark Gestring, M.D., FACS; Rollin Fairbanks, M.D., M.S.; and Matthew Metz, M.D.;
University of Rochester Medical Center — Strong Memorial Hospital,
Rochester, New York.
- A Unique Collaborative Practice Approach to Diabetes Health Management
Amie McCord, Pharm.D., BCPS; Rami Rihani, Pharm.D.; and Charles Derus, M.D.;
Dreyer Medical Clinic
- Pharmacist-Based Diabetes Management through a Collaborative Practice Model
Sandra Leal, Pharm.D., CDE; Marisa L. Soto, Pharm.D.; and Anthony Felix, R.Ph.;
El Rio Health Center,
- Creating a Safer Environment for Medication Administration Utilizing Barcode Technology and Medication Observation Methodology
Richard D. Paoletti, M.B.A., R.Ph.; Tina M. Suess, R.N.; Michael G. Lesko, D.O.; Alfred A. Feroli, M.S., R.Ph.; James A. Kennel, Pharm.D.; Joye M. Mahler; and Timothy Sauders;
Lancaster General Hospital
- Impact of a Pharmacist-Managed Outpatient Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Clinic on Length of Stay and Hospital Admissions
Julia Nickerson-Troy, M.S., Pharm.D.; Kristin Morse, Pharm.D.; Arti Bhavsar, Pharm.D.; Rebecca Prevost, Pharm.D.;
2004 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Orlando
- Initiation of Secondary Prevention Medications for Myocardial Infarction using Technology-Assisted Pharmacist Intervention
Anthony Kessels, Pharm.D., BCPS, Thomas Bailey, M.D., Laura Noirot, B.S., William C. Dunagan, M.D., Erin Rachmiel, Pharm.D., BCPS, Rina Shah, Pharm.D., BCPS
St. Louis, Missouri
- Medication Safety Program in an Integrated Health-Care System
Rhonda Liberto, Pharm.D., Dave Merryfield, B.S. Pharm., Timothy S. Jennings, Pharm.D., Mark Szalwinski, M.H.A., R.Ph., Gary Yates, M.D.
Sentara Healthcare System
- Improving Antimicrobial Use at a University Hospital: Results of the First Five Years of a Multidisciplinary Antimicrobial Management Program
Craig Martin, Pharm.D., Robert P. Rapp, Pharm.D., Martin Evans, M.D., Ardis Hoven, M.D., John Armistead, M.S., FSHP
University of Kentucky
Chandler Medical Center
- Advancing Patient Care through Innovative Practice: The Clinical Partners Program
Bella H. Mehta, Pharm.D., Jennifer L. Rodis, Pharm.D., Milap C. Nahata, Pharm.D., Marialice S. Bennett, B.S.Pharm.
The Ohio State University
College of Pharmacy
- Measuring and Reducing Adverse Drug Events Associated with High Risk Medications in Acute Care
Kathy Crea, Pharm.D., BCPS, Tom Sherrin, M.S., FASHP, Richard Snow, D.O., M.P.H., Dave Morehead, M.D.
- Seven-Year Journey of a Collaborative Disease Management Program
Ming-Ming Tung-Edelman, Pharm.D., Nancy Louie Lee, M.S., R.Ph.,
Tom Wright, R.Ph., Dean Klopfenstein, R.Ph., CDE, Mike E. Kinard, M.S., R.Ph., Martina M. Fetter, R.N., and the Medication Management
and Cardiovascular Risk Factor Management Staff
Kaiser Permanente Northwest
2003 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | New Orleans
- Transcending Traditional Practice Boundaries: Providing Pharmaceutical Care in the Emergency Department
Diane E. Barker, Pharm.D., Amanda L. Holley, Pharm.D., Leslie L. Kerst, Pharm.D., Geoffrey C. Lawton, M.B.A., R.Ph.,
The Medical Center of Aurora
- Establishment of an Ambulatory Pharmacy in a Community Mental Health Center
Thomas E. O'Brien, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP, Kumar Maharaj, M.S.B.A., BCPP, FASCP, David Olson, Ph.D., R.Ph., University of Rochester-Strong Health
Rochester, New York.
- Pharmaceutical Care Clinics: An Innovation in Collaborative Medication Therapy Management
Leigh Ann Ramsey, Pharm.D., BCPS, H. Joseph Byrd, Pharm.D., FASHP, Barbara G. Wells, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPP, John Randall, M.B.A., R.Ph., Elizabeth H. Hood, Pharm.D., Charmaine D. Rochester, Pharm.D., CDE, James J. Pitcock, Pharm.D., Lisa M. Murphey, Pharm.D., Margaret B. Pitcock, Pharm.D., T. Kristopher Harrell, Pharm.D.,
University of Mississippi Medical Center,
- Improving Immunization Rates in At-Risk Patients
Jill True Robke, Pharm.D., Mark Woods, Pharm.D., FASHP, Leslie Brookins, M.S., R.Ph.,
Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City,
Kansas City, Missouri.
- Improving the Medication Administration Process: The Impact of Point of Care Bar Code Medication Scanning Technology
Steve Rough, M.S., R.Ph., Brad Ludwig, M.S., R.Ph., Edie Wilson, R.N., B.S.N., CNS, University of Wisconsin Hosptial and Clinics Madison, Wisconsin.
- Impact of Pharmacy-Led Dyslipidemia Interventions on Medication Safety and Therapeutic Failure Patients
Joseph G. Weaver, Rhonda Mangione, Tamy Leung, Judy McManus Patrick Air Force Base, Florida.
2002 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | Atlanta, Georgia
- Development of a Community-Wide Primary Care Pharmacy Program
Burnis D. Breland, M.S., Pharm.D., FASHP and Debbie Nowlin, R.Ph.
Columbus Regional Healthcare System
- The Establishment and Outcomes of a Model Primary Care Pharmacy System
Jannet M. Carmichael, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS, Autumn A. Alvarez, Pharm.D., Ryan L. Chaput, Pharm.D., Jennifer L. DiMaggio, Pharm.D., Heather E. Magallon, Pharm.D.,
VA Sierra Nevada Healthcare System
- Disease State Management Services Provided by Primary Care Pharmacists in a Community-Based Medical Network
Steven W. Chen, Pharm.D., FASHP, CDM, Karine Simonian, Pharm.D., Emmanuel Saltiel, Pharm.D., FASHP, Edith Mirzakhanian, Pharm.D., Stephen Deutsch, M.D., FACP,
Delia Vogel, R.N., CPHQ
Cedars-Sinai Medical Group
Beverly Hills, California
- The Transformation of a Pharmacy Department: A 10-Year Journey to Preeminence in Pharmacy Practice
Dennis K. Helling, Pharm.D., FCCP, FASHP, Kent M. Nelson, Pharm.D., BCPS, Jairo E. Ramirez, R.Ph., Tammy L. Humphries, Pharm.D., BCPS
Kaiser Permanente Colorado Region
- Enhancing Computerized Physician Order Entry to Improve Patient Care and the Medication Order Process
Fred R. Hargrove, D.Ph., James R. Knight, M.S., FASHP, Stephen K. Huffines, Pharm.D., Douglas Talbert, Ph.D.,
Randolph Miller, M.D.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Use of Pharmacy Technicians to Reconcile Patients’ Home Medications
Ryan D. Michels, Pharm.D. and Steven Meisel, Pharm.D.
Fairview Southdale Hospital
2001 | ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting | New Orleans, LA
- Antibiotic Usage Project
Timothy S. Jennings, Pharm.D.
- Combining Administrative, Distributive, and Clinical Pharmacy Staff to Provide Hospice Service
Kathleen A. Johnson, Pharm.D.
- Investigational Pharmacy Services at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Mark A. Kramer, M.S., R.Ph.
- Implementation of Pharmaceutical Care Services in a Renal Dialysis Unit
Cynthia A. Naughton, Pharm.D.
- Improvement in the Medication-Use Process at San Antonio State Hospital
Ann L. Richards, Pharm.D., BCPP
- Four Year Evolution of a Multi-Site, Collaborative, Pharmacotherapy Clinic and Outcomes Research Department in a Community-Based Primary Care Medical Group
Ginger A. Woodford, Pharm.D.
2000 | ASHP Annual Meeting | Philadelphia, PA
- A Continuous-Improvement Approach for Reducing Chemotherapy-Related Medication Errors
Barry Goldspiel, Pharm.D.
- Implementation of a Drug-Use and Disease-State Management Program
Susan Skledar, M.P.H., R.Ph.
- Improving the Quality of the Order-Writing Process for Inpatient Orders and Outpatient Prescriptions
Tricia A. Meyer, M.S.
- Re-engineering: An Opportunity to Advance Clinical Practice in a Community Hospital
Glen T. Schumock, Pharm.D.
- Re-engineering the Medication Error Reporting Process: Removing the Blame and Improving the System
Lisa S. Stump, M.S., R.Ph.
- Implementation of a Drug Therapy Monitoring Clinic in a Primary-Care Setting
Jilmarie K. Yanchick, Pharm.D.
1999 | ASHP Annual Meeting | Reno, NV
The 1999 summaries listed below are not available.
- Diabetes Committee Focus on Prevention and Education
Juan J. Martinez, R.Ph.
- A Community Based Antimicrobial Management Program
Nishaminy Kasbekar, Pharm.D.
- Asthma Control Plan –Your Plan for Managing an Asthma Attack
Lori P. Thompson, Pharm.D.
- A Pharmacist-Run Anticoagulation Clinic
Karen Bishop, Pharm.D.
- Act Now to Stay Healthy: Community Pharmacists Providing Health Education to Midlife Women in the Community
Philip Hanus, Pharm.D.
- Comprehensive Therapeutic Interchange Program in a Teaching Hospital
Mark J. Sinnett, Pharm.D.