SAG on Compounding Practice
- Develop tools and resources to assist in developing contemporary sterile and non-sterile compounding practices
- Highlight and share best practices in sterile and non-sterile compounding
- Identify and develop educational activities related to sterile and non-sterile compounding
- Navigate applicable regulations and standards
James Lund, Pharm.D., M.S., BCSCP
Director of Pharmacy Operations
Massachusetts General Hospital
Nicholas Capote, Pharm.D., M.S., BCSCP
Tufts Medical Center
SAG on Medication Management (2022-2023)
- Develop tools and resources to assist members in appropriate medication stewardship.
- Develop strategies, tools, and resources to address inpatient operational and clinical challenges related to medication use processes.
- Highlight and share best practices in medication management for all phases of care transitions.
SAG on Medication Safety
- Promote pharmacist ownership and application of medication safety principles in daily practice;
- Provide input on strategic interactions between ASHP and other patient safety groups;
- Assess and assist with maintenance of current medication safety guidelines, tools, and resources;
- Identify and develop educational activities and resources related to medication safety;
- Propose appropriate risk-reducing strategies for emerging issues;
- Promote the medication safety officer’s value in advancing health care quality and safety initiatives.
Kim Mehta, Pharm.D., MPH, MHA
Director of Medication Safety and Regulatory
Allegheny Health Network
Elizabeth Wade, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP
Medication Safety Officer
SAG on Pharmacy Practice Experiences Precepting
- Elevate the value of existing tools and resources to assist pharmacists in the formation and/or delivery of quality student rotation experiences;
- Develop new tools and resources to continue to assist pharmacist preceptors in the formation and/or delivery of quality student rotation experiences;
- Highlight and share best practices in pharmacy practice experiences;
- Enhance awareness of pharmacists’ wants and needs in providing student rotation experiences.
Emmeline Tran, Pharm.D., BCPS
Medical University of South Carolina
Kelly Bach, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP, BCGP
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
SAG on Small and Rural Hospitals
- Provide analysis, input, and advise on supporting and advancing practice in small and rural health care settings by identifying the unique needs of pharmacists practicing in these settings;
- Identify and develop strategies, tools, resources, and best practices to assist pharmacists in small and rural health care settings in meeting patient needs, including providing leadership for peer-to-peer communications and networking;
- Advise and develop strategic direction, best practices, educational activities, guidance documents, and web resources for use by practitioners in small and rural health settings.
Nathan Cookson, Pharm.D., BCPS
Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator/Antimicrobial Stewardship
Saint Vincent Hospital
Tahmeena Siddiqui, Pharm.D., BCPS
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
New Berlin, WI