The award, which is conferred at the discretion of the ASHP Board of Directors, may be presented annually at the ASHP Summer Meetings or other appropriate function. There is no limit to the number of awards that may be conferred each year.
JoAnn Stubbings, BS Pharm, MHCA
Clinical Associate Professor
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy
Ms. Stubbings is an engaging and respected leader, educator, and innovator in specialty pharmacy. Her unwavering commitment to advancing health-system specialty pharmacy practice and direct contributions in this area represent the epitome of an integrated advanced health-system practice model that incorporates specialty medication-use management across the continuum of care.
Criteria and Eligibility
ASHP members are invited, annually, to suggest nominees in writing with substantiating evidence. The award is intended to recognize an individual or group of individuals for a recent, singular, nationally significant achievement or contribution. Nominations should state:
- How the contribution or achievement advanced the ability of pharmacists in acute or ambulatory care settings to serve the needs of patients, and
- Why the contribution or achievement is of national significance.
Nominees may be pharmacists or non-pharmacists, regardless of practice area or ASHP membership status. Current ASHP Board members and ASHP staff are not eligible.
Nominations are accepted year-round and are to be transmitted electronically during this period using the Award Nominations Form. Please see the Call for Award Nominations to reference the criteria for the award as well as the nomination instructions.
Nominations received by October 1 will be reviewed by the Awards Committee, and selections will be made the following February. In some years, selections are not made for all awards.
If you have any questions about the Awards Program, please contact the Office of Member Relations at [email protected].
- 2017 – Erin R. Fox
- 2017 – Scott J. Knoer
- 2016 – Geisinger Health System, Medication Therapy Disease Management Program
- 2015 – The California Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Members and Staff
- 2013 – RADM Scott Giberson, U.S. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin, and the Primary Editors of “Improving Patient and Health-System Outcomes Through Advanced Pharmacy Practice – A Report to the Surgeon General 2011.”
- 2012 – Erin R. Fox
- 2011 – Marie A. Chisolm-Burns
- 2009 – Christopher A. Hatwig
- 2008 – Daniel E. Buffington
- 2007 – J. Lyle Bootman
- 2007 – Indian Health Service Pharmacists: Michael P. Lee, Timothy M. Murray, Ryan R. Schupbach, Jodi N. Sparkman, Travis E. Watts
- 2006 – Marvin Shepherd
- 2005 – Jimmy Mitchell