The award, which is conferred at the discretion of the ASHP Board of Directors, may be presented annually at the ASHP Summer Meetings or other appropriate function. There is no limit to the number of awards that may be conferred each year.
Erin R. Fox, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP
Director, Drug Information Service
University of Utah Health
Salt Lake City, UT
Scott J. Knoer, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP
Chief Pharmacy Officer
Criteria and Eligibility
ASHP members are invited, annually, to suggest nominees in writing with substantiating evidence. The award is intended to recognize an individual or group of individuals for a recent, singular, nationally significant achievement or contribution. Nominations should state:
- How the contribution or achievement advanced the ability of pharmacists in acute or ambulatory care settings to serve the needs of patients, and
- Why the contribution or achievement is of national significance.
Nominees may be pharmacists or non-pharmacists, regardless of practice area or ASHP membership status. Current ASHP Board members and ASHP staff are not eligible.
Nominations are accepted each year from August 1 - October 1 and are to be transmitted electronically during this period using the Award Nominations Form. Please see the Call for Award Nominations to reference the criteria for the award as well as the nomination instructions. Selections will be made in February. In some years, selections are not made for all awards.
If you have any questions about the Awards Program, please contact the Office of Member Relations at email@example.com.
- 2016 – Geisinger Health System, Medication Therapy Disease Management Program
- 2015 – The California Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Members and Staff
- 2013 – RADM Scott Giberson, U.S. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin, and the Primary Editors of “Improving Patient and Health-System Outcomes Through Advanced Pharmacy Practice – A Report to the Surgeon General 2011.”
- 2012 – Erin R. Fox
- 2011 – Marie A. Chisolm-Burns
- 2009 – Christopher A. Hatwig
- 2008 – Daniel E. Buffington
- 2007 – J. Lyle Bootman
- 2007 – Indian Health Service Pharmacists: Michael P. Lee, Timothy M. Murray, Ryan R. Schupbach, Jodi N. Sparkman, Travis E. Watts
- 2006 – Marvin Shepherd
- 2005 – Jimmy Mitchell